Past results and lost certificates
We provide a records retrieval service for our students.
Before you start
If we hold your exam results
We can provide
- Certified Statement of Results – to replace a lost certificate
- Confirmation letter to a third party – eg universities or employers
- Verification for certificates
- Amendments to original certificates
We can’t provide
- full replacement certificates
- results over the telephone or via email due to the Data Protection Act (1998) and security reasons.
What you need to know
- We may not hold your exam results.
- It takes up to 4 weeks to process your application.
- There is no fast track or priority service.
- There is a non-refundable £43.00 fee for this service.
- We need photocopies of proof of identity.
- We can only amend name changes made by deed poll if the deed poll was in place before the day your results were issued.
- No one else can apply on your behalf.
How to apply
Step 1 of 4 – Check we hold your results
Step 2 of 4 – Photocopy or scan your proof of identity
If your name hasn’t changed since your exam, we need a photocopy or scan of one of the following:
- birth certificate
- current driving license
- current passport.
If your name has changed since your exam, we also need a photocopy or scan of one of the following:
- marriage certificate
- deed poll
- decree absolute and birth certificate.
If your name has changed multiple times since your exam, we will need proof of each name change.
For advice on transgender cases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3 of 4 – Pay by bank transfer
A £43.00 fee covers the search and administration involved. If you ask us to send results overseas by DHL to you or a third party add £20 for each delivery.
We can only accept payment by bank transfer.
- Beneficiary AQA
- Sort code 600950
- Account Number 26165570
- IBAN (for international bank transfers) GB18NWBK60095026165570
- BIC NWBKGB2L
- Bank National Westminster Bank plc
- Branch Guildford High Street (A) Branch
- Bank Address 151 High Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3AH
Make a note of your
- payment reference (please use REC followed by your surname then forename eg. REC SMITH JOHN).
- date of payment
- sort code
- account number.
Step 4 of 4 – Complete the application form
Complete the application form and send, along with all relevant documentation, to:
AQA Records Department
Or by email to email@example.com
Please read our Guidance notes if you need further help with completing your application.
You can cancel your application in writing or by email. No refunds are given as the fee paid covers the administration for logging the request as well as searching for results.
We may cancel your application for the following reasons:
- we don’t receive the appropriate application fee
- there are irregularities in the application such as insufficient ID or school information
- you have not responded to our query within seven working days.
If your application is cancelled, you will need to submit a new application form to retrieve your results.