Send student samples
Guidance for schools and colleges on sending students’ non-exam assessment (NEA), controlled assessment and coursework samples to the moderator.
Whichever method you choose to submit marks, for most subjects you will still need to send samples of your students' work to your allocated moderator by post.
What we’ll send to you
If your qualification is available on e-Subs, we’ll send you AQA-branded S3 sacks. We won’t send you paper mark forms or printed moderator labels, as everything else you need will be in e-Subs.
If your qualification isn’t available on e-Subs, we’ll send you:
- printed moderator labels
- AQA-branded S3 sacks
- centre mark forms.
Fill in the centre mark form and send it to us and your moderator.
What you need to send to us
You need to:
- send us your students' samples as soon as possible – at the very latest within five days of:
- the submission deadline
- receiving the sample notification from your moderator (for subjects excluded from e-Subs)
- include a copy of the centre mark form (where applicable for your subject)
- include a signed candidate record form for each student
- include a signed centre declaration sheet for each component
- use standard post (do not use a service that requires a signature from the recipient)
- keep a record of all items you send.
We’ll send separate instructions about arrangements for visiting moderation to the subject teachers at your school or college.
NEA and fieldwork centre declaration form
For summer 2017, if you’re entering students for one or more of the following subjects, you also need to send an NEA and fieldwork centre declaration form to us by email at: courseworkAdmin@aqa.org.uk. The form must be signed by your head of centre.
- GCSE English (8700)
- A-level Biology (7402)
- A-level Chemistry (7405)
- A-level Physics (7408)
- AS Geography (7036)