GCSE PE: Teaching the new spec through active learning
Learn how to teach the specification to maximise potential in the examined assessments, making them more accessible to all ability range learners through Kinaesthetic learning. We'll focus on the more demanding course content, providing innovative approaches whilst securing confidence with the assessment objectives and command words.
|Birmingham||2 February 2018||10:15-15:45||£260||Available||Add to basketBook|
|Manchester||2 March 2018||10:15-15:45||£260||Available||Add to basketBook|
PEDXBF2 – use this in communications with us.
- teaching a synoptic course sample schemes of work
- teaching the extended answer questions
- use of data
- understanding new definitions of terms
- confidence with new topics within both papers
- the chance to become an examiner and understand the exam process.
Please bring a copy of the new GCSE PE specification and a smartphone/device with you.
Jackie Brookes has been a teacher for 16 years and is GCSE and AS PE examiner for AQA. She has been lead practitioner at an outstanding academy achieving KS4, BTEC and KS5 results consistently above national average. She has led whole school CPD on teaching and learning focusing on the reflective practitioner and how colleagues can visit and learn from each other. She is passionate about delivering lessons which are engaging, fun and active.
- Subject heads
- Teachers delivering the new AQA GCSE PE specification for the first time
- Teachers with experience of delivering the new specification who want to network on new ideas