Why choose this specification?
AQA understands the different requirements of each Business Studies course by working in partnership with teachers. Our Business Studies GCSEs:
- enable students to realise their full potential
- contain engaging content
- are manageable for schools and colleges
- are suitable for students of all levels of ability
- lead to accurate results, delivered on time
- are affordable and value for money.
GCSE Business Subjects and Economics will encourage students to:
- engage in the study of Business and Economics to develop as effective and independent learners
- use a critical approach to distinguish between fact and opinion, build arguments and make informed judgements
- develop and apply knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary issues in local, national and global contexts
- appreciate the range of perspectives of different stakeholders in relation to business and economic activities
- consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable
- recall, select and communicate their knowledge and understanding of concepts, issues and terminology
- apply skills, knowledge and understanding in a variety of contexts and in planning and carrying out investigations and tasks
- analyse and evaluate evidence, make reasoned judgements and present appropriate conclusions.
AQA provides a comprehensive range of support services for teachers including:
- access to subject departments
- training for teachers including practical teaching strategies and approaches that work – presented by senior examiners
- support for controlled assessment
- 24-hour support through our website
- past papers and mark schemes
- printed and electronic resources for teachers and students.
Support for teaching
AQA runs an extensive programme of support meetings. These meetings explain the specification and suggest practical teaching strategies and approaches that work.
We are also committed to providing an efficient and effective service and we are at the end of the phone when you need to speak to someone about an important issue. Our customer support team is available between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday on 01483 477 863.
AQA appoints controlled assessment advisers to assist teachers with any matters relating to the controlled assessment units. Please contact us for the details of your adviser.
Details of the full range of current Teacher Support meetings are available on our Professional Development page.
Career opportunities and further studies
Each GCSE course provides progression for those wishing to continue their studies to A-levels in Business, Economics and Applied Business.