Classical Civilisation (4020)
We are not planning to develop a new GCSE Classical Civilisation qualification under government changes to GCSEs.
The GCSE Classical Civilisation specification has been designed for students who wish to gain a sound knowledge and understanding of the classical world.
It is suitable for students of all abilities regardless of whether they have any prior learning in classical subjects.
The specification offers:
- a modern approach to the study of Classical Civilisation
- a wide choice of topics in the areas of archaeology, art and architecture, history and literature
- a choice of concentrating on Greek or Roman topics - or combining the two
- a choice of concentrating on literary or civilisation topics - or combining the two.
The assessment is by a combination of written examinations and controlled assessment. The controlled assessment is internally marked and externally moderated.
A reminder about the new format higher tier papers for GCSE Classical Civilisation papers.
- Results for May/June 2018 available to schools/colleges via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2018 internally-assessed work
- Results for May/June 2018 released to students
Codes and references
|Specification title||Classical Civilisation|