Computer Science (4512)
This is our current GCSE specification.
For our new specification see:
Controlled Assessment tasks for students entering in 2015 and 2016 are now available on e-AQA
Our GCSE Computer Science course gets students working with real-world, practical programming techniques that give them a good understanding of what makes technology work.
Developed collaboratively with teachers, industry and the wider computer science community, we've made sure that our GCSE has built-in progression to further studies and is recognised as developing the skills that employers value.
The qualification is split into two components:
- Component 1 - Practical programming - is examined by controlled assessment.
- Component 2 - Computing fundamentals - is exam based.
Our comprehensive support and training help you to plan, teach, and assess, including a full range of training and CPD courses that cover everything from preparing to teach to getting to grips with programming.
GCSE Computer Science counts towards the English Baccalaureate science measure, offering students a new option that achieves maximum recognition.
Call-back appointment booking
If you have any questions about our specification, please take advantage of our call-back appointment booking system. This enables you to spend up to 30 minutes on the telephone with a member of our subject team. Please choose a preferred time for your call-back and fill in your details on this short form.
Exampro has just published GCSE Computer Science, which is free of charge and provides online access to the specimen questions and 2014 questions, mark schemes and examiner comments. Find out more.
Engage your students with this video of the ethical impact of programming from the 2013 Festival of Code.
Get news, updates and inspiration
- Receive and check in preliminary materials with January issue dates for May/June 2017
- Receive and check in preliminary materials with February and March issue dates for May/June 2017 (late January/February)
- Receive and check in May/June 2017 GCSE English question papers with dates between 23 May and 6 June 2017
Codes and references
|Specification title||Computer Science|