GCSE Dance (4230) helps students develop technical and expressive skills as well as knowledge and understanding of dance through performance, choreography and critical appreciation of dance.
This four unit specification enables students to:
- increase their confidence and self-esteem
- employ the skills of problem solving and creativity
- make knowledgeable decisions about dances.
It allows students to actively and physically demonstrate their abilities through the controlled assessment which is worth 60% of the qualification and the practical exam, worth 20%.
This course provides a solid foundation for a career in dance or performing arts and/or further studies in dance or performing arts, including A-level Dance.
Amended due to Changes to GCSEs.
Codes and references
Updates to Dance (4230)
- Specification version 1.1 now available
- Important information regarding assessment of GCSE Dance
- Teacher online standardisation
- Special consideration guidance
- Teacher Network Group for Dance teachers
- GCSE Dance Unit 4 (42304) UMS conversion
- Reminder for Dance teachers about submitting Unit 2 Set Dance
Talk to us
Peta Thompson and the customer support team.
Tel: 01483 437 750