Creative Writing (2750)
The Department for Education announced on 10 September 2015 that AS and A-level Creative Writing cannot be redeveloped under government changes to A-levels. Read the announcement.
Our regulator Ofqual currently states that, with the exception of re-sits, the last time students will be able to sit exams in Creative Writing will be in summer 2017 (AS level) and summer 2018 (A-level).
Ofqual are still consulting on the availability of re-sits. We expect them to be available in summer 2018 (AS level) and summer 2019 (A-level and possibly AS level), but this will be restricted to students who have previously certificated.
Find out more about these changes and which qualifications we are planning to offer in the future. You can also contact the customer support team using the details shown below.
Creative writing is a distinct discipline in higher education. It encourages the development of skills that are essential for further study and a range of professional careers. This A-level enables aspiring writers to start on the path to professional practice and is equally useful for anyone interested in improving their creative and critical thinking and communication skills.
Introducing students to creative writing, the specification will:
- help them access their intended career
- improve their ability to write for a range of audiences
- develop key skills that can be applied in the real world
- complement, rather than replicate, the study of English Language/Literature.
Let us know you're teaching our specifications to receive a range of resources and support.Sign up to teach
- Receive and check in preliminary materials with February issue dates for May/June 2017
- Last date to send question approval forms to the coursework/NEA adviser for May/June 2017 History HIS4X and 7042/C
- Last date to conduct practical work and written test for May/June 2017 Science ISA and EMPA
Codes and references
|Qualification type||AS and A-level|
|Specification title||Creative Writing|