Geography A (9030)
This is our outgoing specification (last exams 2017)..
For our new specifications see:
GCSE Geography A is our largest and most successful Geography specification.
This popular course offers:
- engaging and topical content
- a stimulating blend of traditional and contemporary Geography to suit students of all abilities
- the study of physical and human Geography in discrete, self-contained topic areas
- a focus on physical processes and factors that produce diverse and dynamic landscapes over time.
Study of this course will give students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop:
- communication skills
- graphical and cartographical skills
- technological skills including ICT and GIS
- interpersonal skills through debate and discussion
- literacy and numeracy skills
- problem-solving skills
- entrepreneurial skills and awareness of career possibilities.
This course has 25 per cent controlled assessment and is suitable for students wishing to study a variety of subjects at a higher level.
Apply now for examiner and moderator jobs.
Spelling, punctuation and grammar
Use our interactive spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPaG) resource to give you and your students guidance on how SPaG is assessed. The resource contains five examples with different selected SPaG marks.
Get news, updates and inspiration
- Results for May/June 2017 available to schools/colleges via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2017 internally-assessed work
- Results for May/June 2017 released to students
Codes and references
|Specification title||Geography A|