Geography A (9030)
This is our outgoing specification (last exams 2017)..
For our new specifications see:
GCSE Geography A is our largest and most successful Geography specification.
This popular course offers:
- engaging and topical content
- a stimulating blend of traditional and contemporary Geography to suit students of all abilities
- the study of physical and human Geography in discrete, self-contained topic areas
- a focus on physical processes and factors that produce diverse and dynamic landscapes over time.
Study of this course will give students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop:
- communication skills
- graphical and cartographical skills
- technological skills including ICT and GIS
- interpersonal skills through debate and discussion
- literacy and numeracy skills
- problem-solving skills
- entrepreneurial skills and awareness of career possibilities.
This course has 25 per cent controlled assessment and is suitable for students wishing to study a variety of subjects at a higher level.
Apply now for examiner and moderator jobs.
Spelling, punctuation and grammar
Use our interactive spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPaG) resource to give you and your students guidance on how SPaG is assessed. The resource contains five examples with different selected SPaG marks.
Our step-by-step guide to GCSE Geography controlled assessment is designed to support you and make the process clearer. From contacting your controlled assessment adviser to task marking and standardisation, download the guide to make sure you have all the support materials you need. This guide is relevant to both specification A and specification B.
Get news, updates and inspiration
- Last date to conduct computer based exam for May/June 2017 Business & Communication Systems 413009
- Last date for AQA and the moderator to receive internally-assessed marks for May/June 2017, except for Art and Design, Dance (units 3 & 4), Drama, Performing Arts (units 2 & 4) and Physical Education
- Last date to conduct writing tests and dispatch to the AQA examiner for May/June 2017 MFL unit 4 Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Italian, Spanish and Urdu
Codes and references
|Specification title||Geography A|