Geography A (9030)
GCSE Geography A is our largest and most successful Geography specification.
This popular course offers:
- engaging and topical content
- a stimulating blend of traditional and contemporary Geography to suit students of all abilities
- the study of physical and human Geography in discrete, self-contained topic areas
- a focus on physical processes and factors that produce diverse and dynamic landscapes over time.
Study of this course will give students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop:
- communication skills
- graphical and cartographical skills
- technological skills including ICT and GIS
- interpersonal skills through debate and discussion
- literacy and numeracy skills
- problem-solving skills
- entrepreneurial skills and awareness of career possibilities.
This course has 25 per cent controlled assessment and is suitable for students wishing to study a variety of subjects at a higher level.
Sign up to teach this specification and receive support, resources and updates.
Our step-by-step guide to GCSE Geography controlled assessment is designed to support you and make the process clearer. From contacting your controlled assessment adviser to task marking and standardisation, download the guide to make sure you have all the support materials you need. This guide is relevant to both specification A and specification B.
Vacancies for exam markers for GCSE Geography - apply now.
Get news, updates and inspiration
Codes and references
|Specification title||Geography A|