Geography B (9035)
This is our outgoing specification (last exams 2017).
For our new specifications see:
GCSE Geography B offers a different approach to delivering Geography, focusing on geographical issues and challenges and how these affect our world.
This course offers:
- a stimulating and imaginative issue-based approach to Geography
- an insight into future challenges through the study of current issues of local, national and global importance
- an awareness of mankind's responsibilities to other people, the environment and the sustainability of the planet.
Study of this course will give students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop:
- communication skills
- graphical and cartographical skills
- technological skills, including ICT and GIS
- interpersonal skills through debate and discussion
- literacy and numeracy skills
- problem-solving skills
- entrepreneurial skills and awareness of career possibilities.
This course has 25 per cent controlled assessment and is suitable for students wishing to study a variety of subjects at a higher level.
Apply now for examiner and moderator jobs.
Spelling, punctuation and grammar
Use our interactive spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPaG) resource to give you and your students guidance on how SPaG is assessed. The resource contains five examples with different selected SPaG marks.
Get news, updates and inspiration
- Last date to conduct computer based exam for May/June 2017 Business & Communication Systems 413009
- Last date to conduct writing tests and dispatch to the AQA examiner for May/June 2017 MFL unit 4 Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Italian, Spanish and Urdu
- Last date to submit externally-assessed practicals to the examiner for May/June 2017 unit 1 Expressive Arts, unit 2 Dance and Music
Codes and references
|Specification title||Geography B|
Talk to us
Kieran Houten and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 01483 477791