Health and Social Care (4820)
Why teachers choose this specification
The GCSE Health and Social Care:
- actively engages students in the processes of Health and Social Care to help them develop as effective and independent learners
- encourages students to understand aspects of personal development and the health, social care and early-years sectors through investigation and evaluation of a range of services and organisations
- develops a critical and analytical approach to problem-solving within the health, social-care and early-years sectors
- examines issues which affect the nature and quality of human life including an appreciation of diversity and cultural issues
- develops Double Award students' awareness of the influences on an individual's health and well-being, and an understanding of the importance of motivation and support when improving health.
- sixty per cent of the subject content for each award will be completed under controlled conditions, assessed internally by teachers and moderated by AQA.
- forty per cent of the subject content will be assessed externally.
Amended due to Changes to GCSEs.
Codes and references
|Specification title||Health and Social Care|
Updates to Health and Social Care (4820)
When there are changes to the specification, updates appear here.
Health and Social Care Team
Tel: 0161 957 3334