Level 1/2 Use of Mathematics (4350)
We have carefully considered the future of our level 1 and 2 qualifications in the light of government changes to GCSEs, and have decided not to continue with our Level 1/2 Certificate - Use of Mathematics.
The last exams for students taking the current qualification will be in the June 2018 series and there will be no final re-sit opportunity.
As an alternative, and depending on prior attainment, you may like to consider the following alternative qualifications: our new GCSE in Mathematics, GCSE Statistics, Entry Level Certificate, Functional Skills, or Level 3 Certificate in Mathematical Studies.
Find out more about these changes and which qualifications we are planning to offer in the future. You can also contact the customer support team on the details shown below.
The AQA Level 1/2 Certificate in Use of Mathematics is a GCSE equivalent qualification. It has been designed for both pre-16 and post-16 students. It is built upon AQA's Free‑Standing Maths Qualifications (FSMQs) at Foundation and Higher level. Find out more about our higher level FSMQs and foundation level FSMQs.
The AQA Certificate in Use of Mathematics is ideal for students who want to:
- learn Maths that is practical and relevant to the real world
- focus on the application of Maths in tangible rather than abstract contexts
- understand numerical skills, problem solving and modelling
- discover a fresh approach following a less than successful experience in the Maths classroom post-16, for example.
Students who complete the Certificate in Use of Mathematics can progress to the Advanced FSMQs or the AS in Use of Mathematics.
Codes and references
|Qualification type||AQA Certificate|
|Specification title||Level 1/2 Use of Mathematics|
|Guided Learning Hours||180|
Updates to Level 1/2 Use of Mathematics (4350)
- Certificate in Use of Maths webinar now available
- Funding for Post-16 Students and changes to QAN for FSMQs
- Font change in Certificate in Use of Maths papers
Talk to us
Aimee Harris and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 0161 957 3852