Using Data (4983)
We have carefully considered the future of our level 1 and 2 qualifications in the light of government changes to GCSEs, and have decided not to continue with our Using Data FSMQ.
The last exams for students taking the current qualification will be in the June 2018 series and there will be no final re-sit opportunity.
Find out more about these changes and which qualifications we are planning to offer in the future. You can also contact the customer support team on the details shown below.
Using Data 4983 is a level 1 Free-Standing Maths Qualification (FSMQ). These are qualifications aimed at both pre-16 and post-16 students but are accredited for all age groups.
FSMQs may be taken alongside any qualification and taken as individual units. FSMQs may also be combined to form a Level 1/2 Certificate in Use of Mathematics, a qualification equivalent to GCSE.
FSMQ Using Data is assessed by one exam of one hour. Calculators are allowed.
- provides students with a strong basis of numerical mathematical skills
- focuses on the organisation of data and its presentation using statistical diagrams and Cartesian graphs.
This qualification appeals to those involved with courses in the areas of Science, Technology, Business, Leisure and Tourism, Geography, Social Sciences, and Health and Social Care.
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects available via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects released to students
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2018 internally-assessed work for AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects
Codes and references
|Qualification type||Foundation Level FSMQs|
|Specification title||Using Data|
Updates to Using Data (4983)
Talk to us
Aimee Harris and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 0161 957 3852