Using Spatial Techniques (4982)
We have carefully considered the future of our level 1 and 2 qualifications in the light of government changes to GCSEs, and have decided not to continue with our Using Spatial Techniques FSMQ.
The last exams for students taking the current qualification will be in the June 2018 series and there will be no final re-sit opportunity.
Find out more about these changes and which qualifications we are planning to offer in the future. You can also contact the customer support team on the details shown below.
Using Spatial Techniques (4982) is a level 1 Free-Standing Maths qualification (FSMQ). These are qualifications aimed at both pre-16 and post-16 students but are accredited for all age groups. FSMQs may be taken alongside any qualification and taken as individual units. FSMQs may also be combined to form a level 1/2 Certificate in Use of Mathematics, a GCSE equivalent qualification.
Using Spatial Techniques is assessed by one exam of one hour. Calculators are allowed.
This FSMQ allows students to become competent in:
- the use and production of detailed plans and drawings
- basic construction techniques
- the solution of spatial problems
- the understanding and use of geometrical and associated terminology.
This specification appeals to students involved with courses in areas of Technology, Engineering, and Art and Design.
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects available via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects released to students
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2018 internally-assessed work for AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects
Codes and references
|Qualification type||Foundation Level FSMQs|
|Specification title||Using Spatial Techniques|
Updates to Using Spatial Techniques (4982)
- Funding for Post-16 Students and changes to QAN for FSMQs
- Font change in Foundation Level FSMQ papers
Talk to us
Aimee Harris and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 0161 957 3852