Financial Calculations (4984)
We have carefully considered the future of our level 1 and 2 qualifications in the light of government changes to GCSEs, and have decided not to continue with our Financial Calculations FSMQ.
The last exams for students taking the current qualification will be in the June 2018 series and there will be no final re-sit opportunity.
Find out more about these changes and which qualifications we are planning to offer in the future. You can also contact the customer support team on the details shown below.
Financial Calculations (4984) is a Level 2 Free-Standing Maths Qualification (FSMQ). These are qualifications aimed at both pre-16 and post-16 students but are accredited for all age groups. FSMQs may be taken alongside any qualification and taken as individual units. FSMQs may also be combined to form a Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in Use of Mathematics, a qualification equivalent to GCSE.
It has been demonstrated that students who study Mathematics within the context of finance are more motivated at this level.
Financial Calculations is assessed by one exam of 1 hour 15 minutes. Calculators are allowed.
This FSMQ allows students to become competent in a wide range of Mathematics in a financial context, including:
- solving complex problems
- the use of formulae and algebraic representation
- the use of statistical diagrams.
This qualification appeals to those involved with courses of a vocational nature where detailed work with finances is an important element, particularly those based in the areas of business or finance. It may also be useful to access and foundation students.
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects available via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects released to students
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2018 internally-assessed work for AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects
Codes and references
|Qualification type||Higher Level FSMQs|
|Specification title||Financial Calculations|
Updates to Financial Calculations (4984)
Talk to us
Aimee Harris and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 0161 957 3852