Shape and Space (4985)
We have carefully considered the future of our level 1 and 2 qualifications in the light of government changes to GCSEs, and have decided not to continue with our Shape and Space FSMQ.
The last exams for students taking the current qualification will be in the June 2018 series and there will be no final re-sit opportunity.
Find out more about these changes and which qualifications we are planning to offer in the future. You can also contact the customer support team on the details shown below.
Shape and Space 4985 is a level 2 Free-Standing Maths Qualification (FSMQ). These are qualifications aimed at both pre-16 and post-16 students but are accredited for all age groups.
FSMQs may be taken alongside any qualification and taken as individual units. FSMQs may also be combined to form a Level 1/2 Certificate in Use of Mathematics, a qualification equivalent to GCSE.
FSMQ Shape and Space is assessed by one exam of 1 hour 15 minutes. Calculators are allowed.
- focuses on the use and production of detailed plans and drawings, including basic construction techniques
- enables students to solve relatively complex spatial problems and to understand geometrical ideas and associated terminology to describe two dimensional and three dimensional situations clearly.
This specification appeals to, and is most useful to, those who will work with spatial situations as a large part of their studies, work or interests. It therefore has most appeal for those working in areas of Technology and Construction or Art and Design.
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects available via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects released to students
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2018 internally-assessed work for AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects
Codes and references
|Qualification type||Higher Level FSMQs|
|Specification title||Shape and Space|
Updates to Shape and Space (4985)
Talk to us
Aimee Harris and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 0161 957 3852