Controlled Assessment

Internally-assessed mark submission is changing for summer 2016

We've changed the way you input your coursework or controlled assessment marks – it's now online, not paper-based. From summer 2016, you'll need to submit marks through our new online system, e-Submissions (e-Subs): Centre marks submission.

The new online system makes submitting marks quicker and easier. You'll just need an e-AQA login – speak to your exams officer if you need help with this.

See our e-subs: centre marks submission page for everything you need to know, including online tutorials.

Our Customer Services team are also here to help. Call 0800 197 7162 (or +44 161 696 5995 from outside the UK) or email

Teacher Online Standardisation

Our Teacher Online Standardisation (T-OLS) system allows teachers and departments to work through exemplar and standardisation material quickly and easily.

Access for all teachers

With online standardisation, all teachers can go online to see the marking advice from the Principal Moderator at a time that suits them.

Access for all schools

All schools taking AQA specifications in these subjects can participate.

Examples of work marked by the Principal Moderator

See pieces of candidate work marked by the Principal Moderator plus additional guidance. You can mark the work yourself online and see how you compare with the standard set by the Principal and read the rationale behind their mark.

Teacher Online Standardisation (T-OLS) may be accessed at e-AQA using a password obtained from your Examination Officer.

Controlled assessment tasks

Download controlled assessment tasks from Secure Key Materials on e-AQA using a password obtained from your Examination Officer.

Controlled assessment tasks will change every year. The controlled assessment task used must always relate to when marks will be submitted. The front page of the AQA controlled assessment tasks clearly shows the series in which they should be used.

Tasks are released each November to teachers via Secure Key Materials and students can complete assessments between 1 February and 7 May.

Controlled assessment advisers

We tell schools and colleges who their Controlled Assessment Adviser is in the autumn term. Controlled assessment advisers are subject experts and the best person to contact with questions about controlled assessment. If you don't know who your adviser is, please email the subject team.

For more information, see Your guide to GCSE controlled assessment and Instructions for submitting coursework/controlled assessment marks and samples

Deadlines, extensions and missing coursework

The GCSE Statistics controlled assessment deadline for the June series is 7 May.

Extension requests must reach us as early as possible to give us enough time to assist you.

If coursework is missing for any reason (loss, theft or damage), you must let us know as soon as possible via the Notification of Lost Centre Assessed Work Form 15.

Centre declaration sheets

Centre declaration sheets are for schools/colleges to:

  • authenticate students' internally-assessed work
  • confirm the internal standardisation of marking.

PDFs open in a new window.

Record forms

Academic year 2017/18