Why choose AQA for GCSE Physical Education
We have worked closely with teachers and the Youth Sport Trust to develop a new GCSE Physical Education specification that will inspire teaching and learning. New and contemporary topics will help students of all abilities to develop a well-rounded skill set and prepare them for progression to further studies.
The activity list and practical weighting for GCSE Physical Education will be the same across all exam boards. However, we’ve worked hard to ensure that our new specification is engaging and our assessment clear.
We’ve also enhanced our free resource package to include specification launch and preparing to teach events, lesson plans, practical exemplars and more, to support engaging theoretical and practical performance lessons. We’ll continue to speak regularly to teachers to ensure we give you the right support.
We’re confident our GCSE Physical Education specification will inspire and challenge your students to do their best.
You can find out about all our Physical Education qualifications at aqa.org.uk/pe
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/8582 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- flexible schemes of work to help you plan for course delivery in your own way
- individual lesson plans on specific topic areas to assist in providing continuity and progression in teaching
- specimen assessment materials that will give your students a clear idea as to what is expected in the examinations
- a student text book from an AQA approved publisher
- practical exemplars to help you and your students with assessment standards
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Physical Education qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly-qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/8582 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- exemplar student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject-specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support available
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/8582
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/keepinformedpe
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 01483 477 822