In addition to helping students acquire subject knowledge, the GCSE Psychology specification:
- provides a sound understanding of methods and approaches in Psychology at an introductory level
- illustrates these methods and approaches through various topic areas representing the core areas of social, cognitive, developmental, biological and individual differences
- develops investigation and report writing skills
- develops analytical and critical thinking skills
- encourages an appreciation of how science works
- provides a strong basis for progression to our A-level Psychology specifications.
This course is fully examined, with no coursework. The Short Course covers only Unit 1; the Full Course comprises Units 1 and 2. After summer 2013 this specification will be linear with external assessment.
Amended due to Changes to GCSEs.
Codes and references
Updates to Psychology (4180)
When there are changes to the specification, updates appear here.
Tel: 01483 477 960