Physics B: Physics in Context (2455)
A-level Physics B places the subject in contemporary contexts, for example:
- how Physics keeps us moving
- medical diagnosis without surgery
- how it's possible to create images of the invisible.
There are six units in the specification – three at AS and three at A2. Four of the units are assessed by exam. There are two units that assess investigative and practical skills – these can be completed via a teacher-assessed or examiner-assessed route.
A-level Physics B builds on the concepts and skills developed in the Physics GCSE and is particularly suitable for students who have the skills and knowledge associated with a GCSE Additional Science course or equivalent.
The last January exams for AS and A2 were in January 2013.
The exams are now only in June due to Changes to A-levels.
- Last date by which January 2013 certificates will be issued
Start time: 09:00
Duration: 1h 15m
Exam for A-level Physics B Unit 2 summer 2013 series
- Last date for January 2013 exam scripts to support teaching and learning to arrive in schools/colleges (Access to Scripts service)
Codes and references
|Specification title||Physics B: Physics in Context|
Updates to Physics B: Physics in Context (2455)
When there are changes to the specification, updates appear here.
Physics Science Team
Tel: 0161 958 3859