Applied Science (8770)
A-level Applied Science will be available until June 2017. Read about our new Level 3 Applied Science qualifications for first teaching in September 2016.
A-level Applied Science offers students the chance to concentrate on some of the vocational aspects of Science. As well as being ideal for students seeking a broad background in Science, it also suits those entering this vocational area for the first time.
This specification covers a range of Science topics including the following:
- Sports Science
- the role of the pathology service
- ecology, conservation and recycling.
It also provides the opportunity for a variety of qualifications to be taken, for example an Advanced Subsidiary A-level or a double award depending on the modules studied.
A-level Applied Science is a good choice for students considering higher education in any Science-based course, including: Biochemical Sciences, Chemistry, Food Technology, Human Physiology, Nursing, Sports Science, Materials Science, and Medical Physics.
Get news, updates and inspiration
- Results for May/June 2016 available to schools/colleges via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2016 internally-assessed work
- Results for May/June 2016 released to students
Codes and references
|Qualification type||AS and A-level|
|Specification title||Applied Science|
Talk to us
Bill Johnston and the customer support team.
Tel: 01483 477 756