Applied Science (8770)
A-level Applied Science will be available until June 2017.
Read about our new Level 3 Applied Science qualifications, for first teaching in September 2016.
A-level Applied Science offers students the chance to concentrate on some of the vocational aspects of Science. As well as being ideal for students seeking a broad background in Science, it also suits those entering this vocational area for the first time.
This specification covers a range of Science topics including the following:
- Sports Science
- the role of the pathology service
- ecology, conservation and recycling.
It also provides the opportunity for a variety of qualifications to be taken, for example an Advanced Subsidiary A-level or a double award depending on the modules studied.
A-level Applied Science is a good choice for students considering higher education in any Science-based course, including: Biochemical Sciences, Chemistry, Food Technology, Human Physiology, Nursing, Sports Science, Materials Science, and Medical Physics.
Get news, updates and inspiration
- Last date to send coursework approval forms to the coursework adviser for May/June 2016 History HIS4X
- Last date to conduct practical work and written test for May/June 2016 Science ISA and EMPA
- Last date to submit externally-assessed coursework to the examiner for May/June 2016 Music units 2 and 5
Codes and references
|Qualification type||AS and A-level|
|Specification title||Applied Science|
Talk to us
Bill Johnston and the customer support team.
Tel: 01483 477 756