Applied Science (8770)
A-level Applied Science will be available until June 2017. Read about our new Level 3 Applied Science qualifications for first teaching in September 2016.
A-level Applied Science offers students the chance to concentrate on some of the vocational aspects of Science. As well as being ideal for students seeking a broad background in Science, it also suits those entering this vocational area for the first time.
This specification covers a range of Science topics including the following:
- Sports Science
- the role of the pathology service
- ecology, conservation and recycling.
It also provides the opportunity for a variety of qualifications to be taken, for example an Advanced Subsidiary A-level or a double award depending on the modules studied.
A-level Applied Science is a good choice for students considering higher education in any Science-based course, including: Biochemical Sciences, Chemistry, Food Technology, Human Physiology, Nursing, Sports Science, Materials Science, and Medical Physics.
Get news, updates and inspiration
- Last date to conduct practical work and written test for May/June 2017 Science ISA and EMPA
- Last date to conduct speaking tests for May/June 2017 A-level MFL units 2 and 4
- Last date to submit externally-assessed coursework to the examiner for May/June 2017 Music units 2 and 5
Codes and references
|Qualification type||AS and A-level|
|Specification title||Applied Science|
Talk to us
Nick Hughes and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 01483 477756