2021 exam changes
Get ready for grading
We’ve created a programme to boost your confidence and guide you towards grading your students in summer 2021.
We’ve put together assessment materials (made up of sets of questions and their mark schemes) and mapping grids to help you choose the right questions for your students based on what they have been taught.
Using these materials is optional. You can use them to either add to your range of evidence, or help confirm your grading decisions.
A step-by-step guide to balance evidence and determine grades
Our full programme of support
As part of Get ready for grading programme to support teachers of GCSE, AS and A-level subjects, we’re giving you:
- quick links to the latest guidance from Ofqual and JCQ with regular email updates and supporting video guidance for your subject
- free training in centre-level standardisation and moderation
- easy access to our friendly customer service team and our subject experts.
Support for Vocational, Technical and other qualifications
VTQs and non-general qualifications that have examined units can also access a support package of materials.
They vary slightly in content from the package for GCSE, AS and A-levels. In some cases, past papers and topic selection may not be applicable or relevant.
Find assessment and support materials for:
- Applied Generals – Science and Business specifications
- Tech-levels – Engineering, Entertainment Technology, IT and Business
- Further Maths
- Certificate of Maths
- Performing Arts Technical award.
Additional guidance for Tech-levels
We've produced additional guidance to help you apply Tech-level mark schemes consistently but there are no example student answers and commentaries for these. Mark scheme application guidance for Tech-levels is available to download from Centre Services and Secure Key Materials (SKM) in e-AQA.
Get assessment and support materials
Log in to get assessment and support materials for summer 2021
- Assessment materials for summer 2021 available in Centre Services and Secure Key Materials
- Get ready for grading – our comprehensive support programme for teachers – has started
- JCQ has published guidance on how to determine students’ grades this summer
- Ofqual guidance now available to help teachers make objective judgements
- Schools should keep students' work to support quality assurance processes and appeals
- Students should continue with their NEA where it’s safe to do so
Connect with us
For the safety of our staff and others, we're following government advice to work from home.This means it may take us longer to answer your call.
If you can, please email us instead.Tel: 0800 197 7162
8am–4pm Monday to Friday