Clerical check (service 1)
A clerical check of a marked paper will make sure that:
- we marked all the pages
- we counted all the marks
- the result matches the marks on the paper.
Your grade can go down as well as up.
The fees for the November 2018 to June 2019 series are:
- £8.05 per unit/component for GCSE, AQA Certificates (except Level 3), ELC, FCSE, Functional Skills, FSMQ foundation and higher, Level 1 and Level 2 projects
- £16.10 per unit/component for AS, A-level, Level 3 Tech-level qualifications, FSMQ advanced level, Level 3 Extended project and AQA Certificate Level 3 Applied General qualifications
- £14.35 additional fee if you request a copy of the checked paper.
Make a request
You can only request a clerical check once for each paper.
- Fill in the student written consent form from JCQ's post-results services page, and keep it for six months after the outcome of the enquiry or subsequent appeal.
- Log in to e-AQA and select 'Post-results services'.
- Select 'Service 1'.
- If you want a copy of the checked paper, select 'Copy required' on the submission screen.
If you forget to request a copy, you can't go back and add this to your original order in e-AQA. Instead, you’ll need to fill in our late request for a copy of a reviewed script form on e-AQA (under Secure Key Materials > Admin).
For November 2018 series results, you can make review of marking requests up to 14 February 2019.
How long it takes
A clerical check takes up to 10 calendar days.
What happens next
We’ll email your school or college's main administrator when your clerical check outcome is available on e-AQA. If we find any marking errors, we’ll check the rest of the class’s papers for free.
If you requested a copy of the checked paper, we’ll email it to the school or college once we’ve finished the review. Copies come with examiner comments.