Lead Assessment Writer - GCSE Statistics
We’re looking for a Lead Assessment Writer to create high quality assessment materials for our GCSE Statistics specification (specifically 8382/2H). Lead Assessment Writers are responsible for creating question papers and mark schemes which reflect the requirements set out in a brief.
This is a great opportunity for an education professional with expert knowledge of the subject. The role can be worked alongside other professional commitments and is primarily home based. You will, however, be expected to attend a limited number of meetings in Manchester, Guildford or London or remotely via Microsoft Teams, dependent on requirement.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- setting quality exam papers that offer valid, fair, reliable and robust assessment and adhere to the specification requirements
- the development of clear and accurate mark schemes which support reliable marking.
What we're looking for
Experienced Statistics teachers with:
- excellent knowledge of the subject (essential)
- a degree in this subject or related field (desirable)
- knowledge of writing questions
- experience of writing papers within a school setting or other education-based environment (desirable)
- good IT skills and a willingness to embrace new systems, as much of the associated work is computer based, with an increasing use of online applications/e-technologies
- confidence working independently as well as in a team
- the ability to write to a brief
- an openness to receiving constructive feedback from colleagues in the team and the ability to incorporate that feedback appropriately to make amendments to questions
- strong organisation and leadership skills
- consistency in meeting deadlines and delivering work to a strict schedule
- excellent attention to detail.
Further information and how to apply
Additional information regarding Senior Associate roles can be found in the Senior Associate Recruitment pack.
If you wish to apply please complete the application form clearly stating the relevant role, specification/level and application reference code* LAWSTAT22 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The closing date for this vacancy and receipt of applications is Friday 26 August 2022.
*If applying for more than one of the Statistics senior vacancies currently being advertised, please note that you only need to submit one application form but should state all the roles (including spec level/s and application reference codes) that you want to apply for. You should ensure the information and details you provide in your application reflect your suitability for the role(s) you are applying for.