Reviser - GCSE Statistics
We have a vacancy for a Reviser to work within our assessment production process for our GCSE Statistics specification. Revisers are responsible for checking assessment materials to ensure that they are error free and meet their specified purpose and brief set out as part of the planning of the papers.
These are unique opportunities to build upon your established skills and to work in collaboration with fellow professionals to ensure that the highest quality of assessment materials is being produced.
The nature of this contracted role allows you to continue with your full-time professional commitments. The role is home-based although you will be expected to attend a limited number of meetings in Manchester, Guildford or London or remotely via Microsoft Teams, dependent on requirement.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- reporting on and proofreading drafts of the question papers
- making sure that the paper fulfils the demands of the specification and assessment objectives
- checking that the standard of the paper as a whole is appropriate to the target group.
What we're looking for
We're looking for candidates with:
- excellent Statistics knowledge and expertise (essential)
- current or recent teaching experience of Statistics at GCSE (desirable)
- great proofreading ability
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to articulate clear, honest and appropriate feedback to Lead Assessment Writers
- the ability to consistently deliver to deadlines and work well under time pressure.
Further information and how to apply
Additional information regarding Senior Associate roles can be found in the Senior Associate Recruitment pack.
If you wish to apply please complete the application form clearly stating the relevant role, specification/level and application reference code* REVSTAT22 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The closing date for this vacancy and receipt of applications is Friday 26 August 2022.
*If applying for more than one of the Statistics senior vacancies currently being advertised, please note that you only need to submit one application form but should state all the roles (including spec level/s and application reference codes) that you want to apply for. You should ensure the information and details you provide in your application reflect your suitability for the role(s) you are applying for.