Scrutineer - A-level Media
Looking to break into the world of assessment? Want to accelerate your professional development?
We have a Scrutineer vacancy for our A-level Media specification.
A Scrutineer is responsible for testing draft assessments from the perspective of a student to ensure that the assessment is complete, valid and appropriate for students. We believe it is important for this person to have relevant teaching experience so that they can accurately reflect the ‘student voice’.
- A previous teacher of the specification.
- Ability to empathise with students sitting exams and how they interpret assessments.
- Knowledge of the marking process and empathetic to an examiner’s considerations.
- Background of critiquing work and suggesting amendments constructively.
- Expert knowledge of your respective subject and specification.
- Review the content of an assessment by sitting the question paper under exam conditions.
- Provide feedback to the assessment production team on any issues observed whilst sitting the question paper.
Complete the application form found at the bottom of this advert, stating clearly the role, specification level and application reference code SMED21*, and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information about the role and being a Senior Associate can be found in the recruitment pack linked below.
The closing date for this vacancy is 20 January 2022
*If applying for more than one of the Media senior vacancies currently being advertised, please note that you need only submit one application form but should state all the roles (including spec level/s and application reference codes) that you want to apply for. You should ensure the information and details you provide in your application reflects your suitability for the role(s) you are applying for.