2022 exam changes
Consultation on autumn 2021 exam series
Published:Wednesday 17 Mar 2021
Ofqual is asking for views on how an autumn exam series for GCSEs, AS and A-levels should run this year, in a two-week consultation launched on 17 March.
The consultation will be open until 9 April 2021, and they’re keen to hear from students, teachers, exam boards and the wider education sector on their proposals, which include:
- the autumn series being open to any student who entered or who had intended to enter to take exams this summer
- holding AS and A-level exams in October and GCSE exams in November/early December
- grades being determined by a student’s exam performance only
- students being able to use the better of the summer or autumn grade
- the use of the normal reviews of marking and appeal arrangements.
As usual, we’ll be looking at the consultation in detail and responding ourselves.
Connect with us
Exams officers can contact our customer services team by:
+44 161 696 5995 outside the UK
Our opening hours are:
8am–5pm Monday to Friday
Parents and students should contact their school or college in the first instance.