A summary of the main fees for the Unit Award Scheme (UAS) for 2019/20.
Initial training fees
Coronavirus: temporary suspension of this service
In light of the unfolding coronavirus situation, we have decided to cancel our face-to-face events until further notice.
We are now offering live online training sessions with a UAS trainer to replace the face-to-face events. Please email email@example.com to check for available dates and times.
The cost for one of these webinar training sessions is £214.40 per centre.
- a £399.85 one-off registration fee, payable when your centre is accepted as a UAS centre.
The one-off registration fee covers:
- the administration costs of setting up a new centre
- an assessment visit, where we consider this necessary
- one-to-one support to help register learners and operate UAS
- access to over 10,000 units on our website
- the cost of writing new units and making minor amendments to existing units
- webinar training for coordinators at established centres, if needed.
Learner participation fees
The learner participation fees apply each academic year, regardless of the number of units achieved.
- 1st to 59th learner: £21.80 per learner
- 60th to 499th learner: £16.05 per learner
- 500th learner onwards: £14.60 per learner
Example, if 100 students use UAS in the same academic year, we charge as follows:
- 59 students @ £21.80 £1286.20
- 41 students @ £16.05 £ 658.05
- Total £1944.25
This covers the cost of evidence monitoring and certification.
Replacement certificate fees
Replacement certificates can be issued to centres if a certificate is lost, damaged, or if the learner details are incorrect.
If the replacement is due to centre error, an invoice will be sent based on the following fees:
- £2.55 per replacement Unit Award certificate for a learner who is still registered with the scheme (up to a maximum of £12.75)
- £6.45 per replacement Unit Award certificate for a learner whose results have been archived (up to a maximum of £32.20).
Replacement Unit Award certificates are available for five years after the original issue date. Replacement certificates will be dispatched within four weeks of receipt of the request.
Please send any certificates to be replaced to:
AQA Unit Award Scheme