A summary of the main fees for the Unit Award Scheme (UAS) for 2020/21.
Training and registration fees
For AQA organised face to face or live online training events: £214.40 per delegate. Please see our join page for upcoming dates.
For centre-based (not currently available) or live online training for individual centres: £996.80 per centre.
£399.85 one-off registration fee, payable when your centre is accepted as a UAS centre.
The one-off registration fee covers:
- the administration costs of setting up a new centre
- one-to-one support to help register learners and operate UAS
- access to over 10,000 units on our website
- the cost of writing new units and making minor amendments to existing units
- webinar training for coordinators at established centres, if needed.
Learner participation fees
The learner participation fees apply each academic year, regardless of the number of units achieved.
- 1st to 59th learner: £21.80 per learner
- 60th to 299th learner: £16.05 per learner
- 300th learner onwards: £14.60 per learner
Example, if 100 students use UAS in the same academic year, we charge as follows:
- students @ £21.80 £1286.20
- students @ £16.05 £ 658.05
- total £1944.25
This covers the cost of evidence monitoring and certification.
An annual charge is made for each learner who is active in the scheme, ie who achieves at least one unit over the course of an academic year.
The fee is per active learner regardless of the number of units achieved or the number of UAS certificates issued.
Replacement certificate fees
Replacement certificates can be issued to centres if a certificate is lost, damaged, or if the learner details are incorrect.
If the replacement is due to centre error, an invoice will be sent based on the following fee:
£6.80 per replacement UAS certificate
Replacement UAS certificates are available for five years after the original issue date. Replacement certificates will be dispatched within four weeks of receipt of the request.
Please send any certificates to be replaced to:
AQA Unit Award Scheme