Specifications that use this resource:
- Tech-level IT: Networking TVQ01011; TVQ01014
- Tech-level IT: Cyber Security TVQ01010; TVQ01009
- Tech-level IT: User support TVQ01012; TVQ01014
- Tech-level Engineering: Mechatronics TVQ01016; TVQ01019
- Tech-level Business: Marketing TVQ01020; TVQ01021
- Tech-level IT: Programming TVQ01013; TVQ01015
- Tech-level Engineering: Design TVQ01018; TVQ01019
- Tech-level Video Games TVQ01022; TVQ01023; TVQ01024; TVQ01025
Information for exams officers who are managing Tech-level qualifications.
Apply to become an approved centre
You need to be an approved centre to enter students for our qualifications. Make sure you become an approved centre before you start teaching a course.
Approved centres: apply to deliver Tech-levels
If you’re already an AQA-approved school or college, but haven’t delivered our Tech-level qualifications before, you need to complete our additional delivery requirements form and return it to email@example.com
Once we’ve received the completed form, you will be allocated an External Quality Assurer (EQA) who will check your school or college is compliant. They will contact you directly.
Administration procedures and Vocational Gateway
Our Tech-level centre procedures guide has all the information you’ll need to manage these qualifications – including how to:
- log in to and use the Vocational Gateway
- make annual registrations
- enter learners for examined units
- upload internally assessed marks
- manage results.
For advice and guidance on internal quality assessment managed within your school or college, see our guide for internal quality assurers (IQA) and assessors
Fees, invoices and how to pay
You'll need to pay registration fees for our Tech-level qualifications. If you're a private, independent or non-UK centre, you'll also need to pay an application fee. More information is available on our entry fees page.
You must pay either by BACS (bank transfer) or by cheque, at the same time that the application is returned to us. Read our invoices and how to pay policy to find out more.
- Exam dates
- JCQ instructions for conducting exams within your school or college
- Apply to conduct our technical and vocational exams at an alternative site
Each year, you'll need to:
- register all learners on Gateway by 31 October
- submit internal assignments results by 15 May.
Other key dates for Tech-levels (including exams & external assignments) are available on key dates
Help and contacts
For subject queries, call our Teacher Services team on 0800 085 0391 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Gateway queries, email our Delivery team at email@example.com