Everything you need to know on results day
Well done to all students receiving results today. The whole team at AQA hopes you got the results you set out to achieve, and that this is a time of celebration for you, your teachers and family.
This year, many of you will be receiving results for the new 9–1 GCSE qualifications which were sat for the first time. For any help understanding your results slips or what your results mean, follow our useful links below. If you have any questions about your results, the best advice I can give you is to speak to your teachers as soon as possible – they’ll be able to advise and help you consider any next steps.
Whatever your results, you can feel proud of the hard work you have put in to reach this milestone.
So, congratulations to those of you receiving your results today, and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do next.
Professor Toby Salt, Chief Executive, AQA
Advice for results day 2018
Whether you are a student, teacher or exams officer, below are links to what you need to know to help you through results day.
Students and parents
- Find what you need to know about results day for students.
- New GCSEs will be graded from 9 to 1 rather than A* to G (see our 9 to 1 grading page for more information).
- GCSE Combined Science will have a double grade that is worth two GCSEs (see our GCSE science 9 to 1 page for more information).
- See the grade boundaries for summer 2018:
- for outgoing GCSE qualifications (all except GCSE English Language, English Literature and Maths), find out how many uniform marks you need for each grade on our grade boundaries and the UMS page
- for the new GCSEs this year, your AQA provisional results slip shows an overall subject grade. This is because these are linear qualifications that don’t use UMS, so the overall mark on your exam paper determines your grade boundary – see our raw mark grade boundary tables.
- If you're unhappy with your results, please speak to your teacher or exams officer.
- If you're concerned about your future options, contact the Exam Results Helpline
- Use our Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA) tool to review and analyse your students' results, and watch our video tutorials to help you get the most out of ERA.
- For reports on exams you can access e-AQA and select Secure Key Materials to read and understand how students performed across different papers. Find out what’s available when.
- See the grade boundaries for summer 2018 and useful information about 9 to 1 grading, including GCSE Combined Science.
- Convert raw marks to the uniform mark scale (UMS) with our UMS converter.
- Read about post-16 resit options for GCSE English and Maths.