Why choose AQA for A-level Accounting
A qualification in accounting will always be helpful – whether it's used professionally or personally. This course helps students to understand the responsibilities of the accountant and the impacts of their recommendations on the business and the wider environment.
Students will build knowledge and understanding of key concepts, principles and techniques that they can apply to real-life scenarios, developing the ability to solve problems logically, analyse data methodically, make reasoned choices and communicate effectively.
You can find out about all our Accounting qualifications at aqa.org.uk/accounting
A specification designed for you and your students
We've created this specification with help from teachers and subject experts. You'll see that we've kept the content that you and your students enjoy and added new areas to keep content fresh and relevant. Students will gain core knowledge of financial accounting as well as cost and management accounting.
Clear, well-structured exams, accessible for all
To enable your students to show their breadth of knowledge and understanding, we've created a simple and straightforward structure and layout for our papers, using a mixture of question types including multiple choice, short answer and scenario based questions. Assessment remains 100% exam-based.
For more information on our exciting new A-level Accounting qualification, visit aqa.org.uk/accounting
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/7127 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- sample schemes of work to help you plan your course with confidence
- detailed teacher guides on new topics
- marked exemplars with examiner commentary.
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Accounting qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly-qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7127 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- exemplar student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject-specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support available
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7127
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 01483 477 863