Why choose AQA for A-level Bengali (Listening, Reading, Writing)
Specifications designed for you and your students
We have worked with teachers to design stimulating content to enable students to develop their linguistic skills alongside their understanding of Bengali culture and society. We’ve selected a broad area of study and prescribed certain aspects for closer examination.
Students study technological and social change, looking at diversity and the benefits it brings. They will study highlights of Bengali artistic culture, including music and cinema, and learn about Bengali politics including political engagement amongst the young. Students also explore the influence of the past on present-day Bengali-speaking countries.
Throughout their studies, they will learn the language in the context of Bengali-speaking countries and learn about the issues and influences which have shaped the country. Students will study texts and film and have the opportunity to carry out independent research on an area of their choice.
You can find out about all our Bengali (Listening, Reading, Writing) qualifications at aqa.org.uk/languages
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/7637 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- sample schemes of work and lesson plans to help you plan your course with confidence
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Bengali (Listening, Reading, Writing) qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7637 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7637
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 01423 534381