Why choose AQA for A-level Law
Studying Law gives students an understanding of the role of Law in today's society and raises their awareness of the rights and responsibilities of individuals.
By learning about legal rules and how and why they apply to real life, students also develop their analytical ability, decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. All these skills are highly sought after by higher education and employers.
We’re confident that you and your students will enjoy this specification. We created it with help from teachers and subject experts and we’ve kept the content that you and your students enjoy. We’ve included some new case studies and theories to keep content fresh, relevant and engaging.
Topics are clearly structured and include:
- The nature of law and the English legal system
- Private law
- Public law
- Legal skills
Clear, well-structured exams, accessible for all
To enable your students to show their breadth of knowledge and understanding of legal issues, we’ve created a simple and straightforward structure and layout for our papers, using a mixture of question types including multiple choice, short answer and extended response questions. Assessment remains 100% exam-based.
You can find out about all our Law qualifications at aqa.org.uk/law
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/7162 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- specimen assessment materials that will give your students a clear idea what to expect in the exams
- flexible schemes of work to help you plan for course delivery in your own way
- a student textbook from an AQA approved publisher
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Law qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7162 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7162
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 01483 477822