Pilot Use of Mathematics (9360)
We have carefully considered the future of our level 3 qualifications in the light of government changes to A-levels, and have decided not to continue with our Pilot Use of Mathematics A-level.
This qualification is a restricted pilot. Please contact the subject department if you would like more information about joining the pilot.
The AQA Pilot Use of Mathematics A-level was designed to widen participation in studying Maths beyond GCSE. Built upon AQA's pilot Free-Standing Maths Qualifications (FSMQs) at level 3, this qualification gives students valuable skills for their lives post-education, whilst supporting their studies in other subjects, for example Social Sciences, Geography, Psychology and Sciences.
The Pilot Use of Mathematics A-level is ideal for students who want to:
- pursue practical and relevant Maths courses to the same level as traditional A-level Maths
- solve realistic and open-ended problems
- demonstrate skills in mathematical communication
- explore mathematical techniques through investigation and application.
Start time: am
Exam for AS and A-level Algebra (Pilot) (re-sit only) June 2019 series
Start time: am
Duration: 1h 30m
Exam for AS and A-level Mathematical Comprehension (Pilot) (re-sit only) June 2019 series
- Results for May/June 2019 available to schools/colleges via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
Codes and references
|Qualification type||AS and A-level|
|Specification title||Pilot Use of Mathematics|
|Certification code||9361 AS