Maths hub schools network
These meetings offer great networking opportunities and also address teacher needs and relevant themes each term. Come along to discuss strategies, best practice, share resources and exchange experiences with your local mathematics community.
Autumn 2018 meetings
The autumn term meetings will focus on this summer's exams.
- look at the summer 2018 GCSE results in comparison with last year, and consider what has changed and what has remained consistent
- look at how performance varies on different types and styles of question – for example multiple-choice; problem-solving and reasoning; common questions – to see how this may influence future teaching
- have a brief look at AS and A-level results, taking an honest view of issues and discussing possible improvements in assessment.
We also offer a range of professional development and training courses to help you teach our specifications. Browse our current courses
Previous meetings and resources
View and download resources and materials from recent maths hub schools network meetings below.
Summer 2018: GCSE and A-level Maths
- Presentation slides: Assessmeng Objective 3
- Example questions and mark schemes
- A-level Maths specimen paper commentaries: the thinking behind great assessment
- Handout: GCSE Maths – assessment objective guidance (see link to this document below under 'Spring 2018: GCSE Maths').
Spring 2018: GCSE Maths
- Presentation slides: tier choice
- Handout: tier choice
- Presentation slides: challenging assessment objectives
- Handout: GCSE Maths – assessment objective guidance
- Handout: example questions and mark schemes