Why choose AQA for AS Politics
Lively, relevant, controversial… there are many ways to describe AS Politics. There’s no denying that it’s one of the most interesting and engaging qualifications you can choose.
Covering news and current affairs from the UK, it helps you understand how the UK country is run and develops research, written communication and debate skills. It also helps grow your confidence.
It’s ideal if you’re considering studying politics, sociology, ethics, advertising or journalism at university and is highly regarded by employers in industries including politics, international organisations, the media, government and the civil service.
A specification designed for you and your students
This new qualification retains much of the content that we know you and your students enjoy. Topics are clearly and logically structured and include:
- the government of the UK
- politics of the UK
Clear, well-structured exams, accessible for all
To enable your students to show their breadth of knowledge and understanding, we’ve created a simple and straightforward structure and layout for our papers, using a mixture of question styles. There will be no coursework.
You can find out about all our Politics qualifications at aqa.org.uk/government-and-politics
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/7151 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- sample schemes of work and lesson plans to help you plan your course with confidence
- student textbooks that have been checked by AQA
- progress tests with engaging on-screen delivery and instant feedback.
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Politics qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7151 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7151
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 0161 958 3861