Why choose AQA for GCSE Psychology
This engaging and effective qualification introduces students to the fundamentals of psychology, developing critical analysis, independent thinking and research skills.
Building on the success of our previous specification we’ve refreshed the topics and introduced the latest advances in the subject. We gained feedback from teachers to ensure it’s as clear, engaging and easy-to-use as possible.
- You’ll see many familiar and popular topics from our previous specification, which means you can continue to use many of your existing resources.
- Our assessments use multiple choice, short answer and extended writing/essays to assess knowledge, understanding, application and evaluation skills.
Knowledge of research methods gained through classroom experience of practical psychology will be assessed using scenario-based questions.
You can find out about all our Psychology qualifications at aqa.org.uk/psychology
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/8182 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- flexible schemes of work to help you plan for course delivery in your own way
- specimen assessment materials that will give your students a clear idea of what is expected in the exams
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Psychology qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/8182 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/8182
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 01483 477822