Why choose AQA for GCSE Religious Studies: Short course
Our GCSE covers a range of religions and philosophical and ethical themes, ensuring you and your students have a variety of intriguing subjects to explore.
Students will be challenged with questions about belief, values, meaning, purpose and truth, enabling them to develop their own values and attitudes towards religious issues.
Students will also gain an appreciation of how religion, philosophy and ethics form the basis of our culture. They will develop analytical and critical thinking skills, the ability to work with abstract ideas, leadership and research skills. All these will help prepare them for further study.
- this short course is co-teachable with our GCSE Religious Studies full course
- experienced subject experts and teachers helped us create a clear and straightforward approach to assessment
- our questions enable students of all abilities to show what they know.
You can find out all about our Religious Studies: Short Course qualification at aqa.org.uk/religious-studies
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/8061 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- schemes of work
- specimen questions and marked exemplars
- resources listed for each of the religions and themes
- step-by-step guidance for assessment
- guidance to new content for each religion
- training courses to help you deliver AQA GCSE Religious Studies
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly-qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/8061 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- exemplar student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject-specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support available
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/8061
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/keepinformed-religious-studies
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 0161 957 3881