Why choose AQA for AS Environmental Science
Students who enjoy a multi-disciplinary approach to learning and have a keen interest in the sustainability of our planet will find this new specification engaging and thought provoking.
We’ve kept much of the popular content that we know you like and key topics include the conservation of biodiversity, water resources, global climate change and the lithosphere. With opportunities to include real life case studies in your teaching, this contemporary qualification has never been more relevant.
The new assessment structure is clear and straightforward and we’ve used a mixture of question styles, so that students have the best opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding.
We've ensured that the AS and A-level are fully co-teachable. The AS exams include similar questions to those in the A-level, with less difficulty, allowing for future growth.
This is a great accompaniment to A-levels in geography, biology, physics and maths and develops key skills including communication, teamwork and critical thinking.
You can find out about all our Environmental Science qualifications at aqa.org.uk/environmentalscience
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/7446 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- flexible schemes of work to help you plan for course delivery in your own way
- specimen assessment materials that will give your students a clear idea as to what is expected in the exams
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Environmental Science qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7446 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7446
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 01483 477756