Steps to success in science – supporting students' progress at GCSE
Supporting literacy in science – all students are different and in science some students find that there are some hurdles to their success.
Why is literacy so important in science?
- it's vital to pupils' achievement at Key Stage 4
- pupils need to demonstrate their understanding in writing. Some may struggle to do this, particularly when it involves an extended answer
- literacy enables pupils to achieve their full potential in education and beyond.
How can we support you and your students?
- we've brought you the best practice examples to support teaching and learning for student progress at GCSE
- each of these documents is available in Word and PDF versions so they can be tailored to your individual needs.
For teachers with:
- students who are considering a BTEC in science
- students who are expecting to achieve a grade E or below in GCSE sciences
- Entry Level Certificate (ELC) science students.
We value your feedback
What you think counts - we would value your feedback about your experience of using this website.
Find out more >
Sign up for email updates
Don’t forget to sign up so we can let you know about the changes to GCSE and A-levels.
Sign up >