AS and A-level History (7041 7042) Teaching from September 2015
Exams from 2016 (AS), 2017 (A-level)
A-level History (2040) Exams from 2014
Why AQA History AS and A-level?
We’ve simplified our A-level History specification with two written papers and one personal study option. We’ve included some of the most popular topics from our current specification as well as some new ones and have made sure that all of these topics are well resourced. You’ll also be able to adapt and re-use many of your existing classroom resources.
What it means for you and your students
- with medieval, early modern and modern topics, you and your students have a great choice of topics
- you can set your own route through the specification, constructing a chronologically coherent course. Or you can select from different periods if you want to offer a broader thematic approach
- with A-level, you can let your students choose any topic, or you can select a period or theme, giving you maximum control and flexibility
- your students’ learning will be enhanced by new AQA-approved textbooks and digital resources linked directly to the specification. We’ll also signpost to all the original source material required
- our AS-level provides a strong stand-alone qualification, fully co-teachable with our A-level.
Watch our video on exam marking: the benefits for you. Apply now for summer 2017 vacancies.
Let us know if you'd like to hear from us
Talk to us
Kieran Houten and the customer support team.
Now available to support you until 7pm.
(During half term weeks we will close at 5.30pm)
Tel: 0161 958 3861