Access arrangements, including modified question papers, enable students with special educational needs, disabilities or temporary injuries to take our exams and assessments.
Exams officers can apply for access arrangements for their students in e-AQA.
If you are a student, parent, private candidate or guardian, please discuss and make arrangements with the exams officer at your school or college.
Modified question papers
For students who are blind or partially sighted:
- 18 point Bold Arial font on A4 paper (diagrams/images may be modified)
- 24 point Bold Arial font on A3 paper (diagrams/images may be modified)
- tactile diagrams with print labels for use with 18 and 24 point papers
- Braille with tactile diagrams (diagrams/images may be modified).
For students with language difficulties:
- most of our question papers are approved by a language specialist and are suitable for students with language difficulties. These papers aren't available in a modified language format.
Ordering modified question papers
Electronic or other formats may be available. Please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Modified past papers
Some 18pt modified enlarged past papers are available on our modified past question paper finder.
If you are looking for past papers in Braille, please contact the Braille Examination Transcription Service (BETS) for their online past papers ordering service.
If the paper you are looking for is not available through BETS or our past paper finder, please contact us at ModifiedAssessments@aqa.org.uk.
For more information see JCQ's Access Arrangements, Reasonable Adjustments and Special Consideration.