Coursework, controlled assessment and non-exam assessment (NEA)
Coursework, controlled assessment and non-exam assessment (NEA) measure subject-specific skills that cannot always be tested by timed written exam papers.
Visit the pages below for information on:
- how and when to submit marks, including submit marks online and submit PE spreadsheets
- carry forward of marks
- sending student samples to the moderator
- lost or damaged work
- standardisation, including our Teacher Online Standardisation (T-OLS) system and face-to-face standardisation
- 2018/19 candidate record forms and centre declaration sheets
- malpractice in exams and assessments
Apply for centre consortium arrangements
You must let us know if you’re working as part of a consortium of centres with joint teaching arrangements where students are entered through different centres. You can apply through the JCQ Centre Admin Portal, which you can access via e-AQA (our secure extranet).
You need to apply by the following dates:
- November series: 1 October
- January series: 31 October
- March series: 21 January
- June series: 31 January.