Coursework, controlled assessment and non-exam assessment (NEA)
Coursework, controlled assessment and non-exam assessment (NEA) measure subject-specific skills that cannot always be tested by timed written exam papers.
Visit the pages below for information on:
- how and when to submit marks, including submit marks online and submit centre mark forms
- carry forward of marks
- sending student samples to the moderator
- lost or damaged work
- standardisation, including our Teacher Online Standardisation (T-OLS) system and face-to-face standardisation
- 2017/18 candidate record forms and centre declaration sheets
- 2018/19 candidate record forms and centre declaration sheets
- malpractice in exams and assessments
Video: coursework, controlled assessment and NEA for exams officers
Watch our video for an overview of the different types of internal assessment and the overall process.
Accreditation scheme for A-level Applied Business and A-level Applied Science
We run an accreditation scheme for centres offering Applied A-level qualifications. If your school or college is accredited for a subject, we will accept your coursework marks automatically for up to three years, subject to conditions.
Full details are available in our Accreditation scheme guide for centres offering Applied A-levels
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about the scheme.
Apply for centre consortium arrangements
You must let us know if you’re working as part of a consortium of centres with joint teaching arrangements where students are entered through different centres.
You need to apply by the following dates:
- November series: 1 October
- January series: 31 October
- March series: 21 January
- June series: 31 January.