Non-exam assessment (NEA)
These administration pages for non-exam assessment (NEA) also cover coursework and controlled assessment.
Visit the pages below for information on:
- how and when to submit marks, including submit marks online and submit PE spreadsheets
- carry forward of marks
- sending student samples to the moderator
- lost or damaged work
- standardisation, including our Teacher Online Standardisation (T-OLS) system and face-to-face standardisation
- 2019/20 candidate record forms and centre declaration sheets
- malpractice in exams and assessments
- return of non-exam assessment work for overseas schools and colleges.
If your subject includes non-exam assessment, it’s likely you’ll have an NEA adviser.
Advisers are experienced teachers and moderators who can provide guidance and support throughout the academic year on delivering NEA.
NEA advisers can:
- explain new specification requirements
- share teaching ideas
- discuss general processes and planning and approaches to NEA tasks.
They can’t discuss examined components or moderation outcomes.
We send NEA adviser contact details to exams officers from mid-September at the start of each academic year. Please check with them for details for your subject.
If you don’t have an assigned adviser, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need support applying the assessment marking criteria, we recommend you complete teacher standardisation before contacting your allocated adviser.
Apply for centre consortium arrangements
You must let us know if you’re working as part of a consortium of centres with joint teaching arrangements where students are entered through different centres. You can apply through the JCQ Centre Admin Portal, which you can access via e-AQA (our secure extranet).
You need to apply by the following dates:
- November series: 1 October
- January series: 31 October
- March series: 21 January
- June series: 31 January.