Clerical re-check (service 1)
A clerical re-check of a marked paper will make sure that:
- we marked all the pages
- we counted all the marks
- the result matches the marks on the paper.
Your grade can go down as well as up.
- £8.05 per unit/component for GCSE, AQA Certificates (except Level 3), ELC, FCSE, Functional Skills, FSMQ foundation and higher, Level 1 and Level 2 projects
- £16.10 per unit/component for AS, A-level, Level 3 Tech-level qualifications, FSMQ advanced level, Level 3 Extended project and AQA Certificate Level 3 Applied General qualifications
- £14.35 additional fee if you request a copy of the checked paper.
Make a request
You can only request a clerical re-check once for each paper.
- Fill in the student written consent form from JCQ's post-results services page, and keep it for six months after the outcome of the enquiry or subsequent appeal.
- Log in to e-AQA and select 'Post-results services'.
- Select 'Service 1'.
- If you want a copy of the checked paper, select 'Copy required' on the submission screen.
If you forget to request a copy, you can't go back and add this to your original order in e-AQA. Instead, you’ll need to fill in our late request for a copy of a reviewed script form on e-AQA (under Secure Key Materials > Admin).
|Exam series||Request deadline|
|November 2019||13 February 2020|
|January 2020||2 April 2020|
|March 2020||7 May 2020|
How long it takes
A clerical re-check takes up to 10 calendar days.
What happens next
We’ll email your school/college's exams officer when your clerical re-check outcome is available on e-AQA.
If there has been a mark change on one or more of the questions on a checked paper, you will receive a copy of the paper (to comply with the new Ofqual requirements to automatically provide the reasons for review of marking decisions) and a letter outlining mark change reasons. For the November 2019 exam series, these will be sent by post to schools and colleges.