Qualifications that don't use EDI or e-AQA
With the qualifications below, you can't make entries through EDI or e-AQA. Follow the links to talk to the subject teams directly.
- Certificate Personal and Social Education (PSE)
- Unit Award Scheme
- Tech-level vocational qualifications
Make entries using EDI or e-AQA
For other qualifications, you can make entries through either EDI or e-AQA.
The main documents you'll need to make entries are:
- entries flowchart – a handy guide to the entries process
- exam series: what's available when – which will tell you your series and series code
- entry codes book – has all the entry codes, information and restrictions Version control
- entries for exams officers video and powerpoint slides
- JCQ's entries page.
You need to choose one of two ways to make and amend your entries:
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange): This is where you download a basedata file – which contains all the information you need to make entries for each student – and send it to us. See Make entries with EDI and basedata
- e-AQA: This is our secure extranet, where you can fill in your students' details online. See Make entries with e-AQA
If you're a centre outside the UK, you'll also need to send us an overseas timetable declaration by 1 October each academic year.