How to enter students for exams: information on the process, entry systems and estimated entries.
How to make entries
You can use either EDI or e-AQA to make entries for all qualifications except those listed below, for which you will need to speak to the relevant subject team.
- Awards and Certificates in Personal and Social Education
- Tech-level vocational qualifications
- Unit Award Scheme
- How to make entries flowchart – a visual guide to the entries process
- Exam series guide – what's available when, deadlines and series codes
- Entry codes book – lists all entry codes, information and restrictions
- Entries for exams officers: instructional video
- JCQ information on entries
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
This is where you download a basedata file – which contains all the information you need to make entries for each student – and send it to us.
This is our secure extranet, where you can fill in your students' details online.
If you are a centre outside the UK, you'll also need to send us an overseas timetable declaration by 1 October each academic year.