Continue to make entries for the summer 2021 series
Schools and colleges must make entries as usual so students can receive grades.
How to enter students for exams: information on the process, entry systems and estimated entries.
How to make entries
Please speak to the relevant subject team to make entries for:
- Awards and Certificates in Personal and Social Education
- Tech-level vocational qualifications
- Unit Award Scheme
Summer 2021 entries codes book
This codes book was updated in 2020. It lists all entry codes, information and restrictions (version control).
How to avoid entries delays
Entries are often delayed because of some common mistakes made in EDI or e-AQA.
Here are some top tips to avoid delays.
- Use the most up-to-date entry codes – see summer 2021 entries codes book above.
- Enter a student into one tier only
- if a teacher hasn’t decided which tier a student should be in, don’t enter them for both tiers as will require a manual review
- tiers can be changed until 21 April with no additional fees.
- Enter a student into one specification if a decision hasn’t been made
- if a teacher hasn’t provided the specification choices (usually for Science, History, English Literature or Religious studies), enter a student into one specification only
- you can change this until 21 April with no additional fees.
- Enter the correct date format in date of birth (DDMMYY)
- right – 270301
- wrong – 27 March 2001, 27 Mar 01, 27012001
- the day, month and year must only be two digits.
- Use full legal names where possible
- please don’t use shortened names or nicknames
- the name that is submitted for entries will be printed on the certificate
- learn more about costs when amending a certificate.
- Try to send only one file per week
- sending multiple files per day or week contributes to creating a backlog
- update and save a file locally, and send it to us on a day of your choice each week
- please note that amended files don’t overwrite or amend files you’ve already sent
We can't upload your files to e-AQA until they're correct
We need to manually correct errors before files are uploaded and appear on e-AQA. While we’re fixing these errors, any new files your school or college sends won’t appear on e-AQA.
Be sure to use the latest codes entries book, and follow the top tips to avoid delays.
Other useful documents
- How to make entries flowchart – a visual guide to the entries process
- Exam series guide 2020/21 – what's available when, deadlines and series codes
- Entry codes book (January/March 2021) – lists all entry codes, information and restrictions
- Entries for exams officers: instructional video
- JCQ information on entries
Your students’ privacy