Amendments to original certificates
If your personal information (eg name or date of birth) is wrong on your original exam certificate, you can ask us to change it.
What we can amend
We can only amend personal details based on your birth certificate. We're unable to amend name changes made by deed poll after the results of the exam have been issued. For further information, please refer to the UK Deed Poll Service
If you've changed your gender identity, see certificate changes for transgender people.
If you’re an exams officer or centre, visit our exam certificates page.
Fees and payment
There is a fee of £43 per request. We can only accept payment by bank transfer (BACS).
Use a payment reference when you pay. This should be AOC followed by your last name then first name (eg. AOC SMITH JOHN).
Account details to use (UK only)
|Sort code||Account number||Account name|
|60 09 50||26165570||AQA|
If your account is outside of the UK
|Bank identifier code (BIC)||Account number (IBAN)||Account name|
How to apply
Step 1 – by post
To amend your certificate, you'll need to send us:
- your original exam certificate
- your contact details – full name, email address and telephone number.
Use recorded delivery to send the documents listed above to:
AQA Results (Personal Amendment)
You must send us your original exam certificate by post before we can issue a new one.
Step 2 – by email
You must then email the following to email@example.com:
- a copy of your birth certificate
- your contact details – full name, email address and telephone number
- your full address, including postcode – this is where we'll send the amended certificate
- your payment reference (eg AOC SMITH JOHN)
- what needs changing on your certificate
- confirmation and date that you have returned your original exam certificate to AQA Results.
How long it takes
We aim to send you your amended certificate within 20 working days.
We must receive all of the information outlined above – including your original exam certificate in the post – before we can process your request. We’ll contact you if we need more information.