Past results and lost certificates
Find out what you can do if you've lost your exam certificate or need to send your results to a university or employer.
We're very busy at the moment so it may take us longer than usual to process your request.
What you can apply for
You can apply online for us to confirm your past results.
We'll search our records and if we find your results, we’ll send a:
- certified statement of results to you
- confirmation letter directly to a third party (eg employer, university) – if requested.
If we can’t find your results, you may need to apply to another exam board.
Before you start
Please make sure you're aware of the following:
- check your exam board
- proof of identity
- fees and payment
- how long it will take
- cancellations and refunds
You should also know that:
- we don't offer a fast track service – all applications will be dealt with in the order that we receive them
- we're not able to email you digital copies of past results or replacement documents – we only offer hard copies.
Check your exam board
We can only confirm results for exams taken with us or our predecessor boards.
Before you apply, check the relevant records information page depending on when you sat your exam(s):
If you're not sure what type of exam you took and when, check our exam year guide (67.9 KB).
If you're not sure which exam board your exams were taken with, please contact your school or college for advice.
Proof of identity
Only you can apply for your past results – no one else should do this for you.
To process your application, we’ll need a digital scan or photo of one of the following:
- birth certificate
- current driving licence
- current passport or ID card.
If your name has changed since your exam, we also need a digital scan or photo of one of the following:
- marriage certificate
- deed poll
- decree absolute and birth certificate.
If you're requesting past exam results due to gender reassignment, see certificate changes for transgender people.
Fees and payment
You’ll need to pay an administration fee of £43. This will cover the search for four exam series.
If you would like us to send to an address outside of the UK, there will be an extra £20 fee per address.
Payment for this service is by credit or debit card.
How long it will take
It can take up to 20 working days to process your application.
Once your application has been processed, please allow five working days for delivery by post.
We don't offer a fast track service.
We will send results by post and all deliveries must be signed for.
If you’re listing a third party address (eg employer, university), you’ll need to name a contact who will be able to sign for the delivery.
- deliver to a PO box or mail holding address
- provide results over the telephone or via email due to security and regulations (GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018).
Cancellations and refunds
You can cancel your application by emailing email@example.com
We can give a full refund if we receive written notice within five calendar days of you submitting your application.
After this time, we can’t give any refunds as the fee paid covers the administration costs of logging the request and searching for results.
We may cancel your application for the following reasons:
- we don’t receive the appropriate application fee
- there are irregularities in the application such as insufficient ID or school information
- you have not responded to our query within seven working days.
If your application is cancelled, you’ll need to submit a new application form to retrieve your results.
If you have any questions, please call us on 0800 197 7162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you contact us by email, please allow up to five working days for us to respond.
You can get more advice on replacement exam certificates from the Government website