Review and priority review of marking (service 2)
If you request a review or priority review of marking:
- it includes a re-clerical check
- an experienced examiner will review the paper/recording again to identify genuine marking errors or unreasonable marking
- we'll make sure all the marks are counted.
Your grade can go down as well as up. A review is the standard speed service for any student. A priority review is a quicker service for students whose place at a university or other higher education institution depends on the outcome. It’s only available for:
- AS and A-level (including new AS specifications)
- FSMQ Advanced Level
- AQA Certificate Level 3
- AQA Certificate Level 3 Applied General qualifications.
You can request these services for individual units or components.
Fees for the June 2019 series are:
- £37.55 per unit/component for GCSE, AQA Certificates (except Level 3), ELC, FCSE, Functional Skills, FSMQ Foundation and Higher, Level 1 and Level 2 projects
- For AS, A-level, AQA Certificate Level 3, FSMQ Advanced Level, AQA Certificate Level 3 Applied General qualifications and Level 3 Tech-level qualifications:
- £43.45 per unit/component (review of marking)
- £51.75 per unit/component (priority review of marking)
- £50.35 per GCSE MFL speaking test report – per component, per student
- £68.70 per AS/A-level MFL speaking test report – per component, per student
- £14.35 additional fee if you request a copy of the reviewed paper.
If the overall subject grade changes, we don’t charge for it (or any of its units if it's modular).
If the overall subject award grade stays the same (or the student doesn’t aggregate) and the qualification is modular:
- we don’t charge if a unit grade changes as a result of a review
- if two units are reviewed and one unit grade changes and the other doesn't, we'll still charge for the unit where the grade does not change.
Make a request
You can only request a review of marking once for a paper.
- Fill in the student written consent form from JCQ's post-results services page, and keep it for six months after the outcome of the enquiry or subsequent appeal. If you’re requesting this service for our Level 3 Tech-level qualifications, email the signed consent form directly to email@example.com (you don’t need to follow steps 2 to 5).
- Log in to e-AQA and select 'Post-results services'.
- Select Service 2 for a review of marking or Service 2P for a priority review of marking.
- If you want a copy of the reviewed papers, select 'Copy required' on the submission screen.
- To request an MFL speaking test review report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you forget to request a copy of the reviewed paper, you can't go back and add this to your original order in e-AQA. You’ll need to fill in our late request for a copy of a reviewed script form on e-AQA (under Secure Key Materials > Admin).
Priority reviews of marking are not available in the November 2019, January 2020 or March 2020 exam series.
|Exam series||Priority review: request deadline||Review: request deadline|
|June 2019||22 August 2019||19 September 2019|
How long it takes
It can take:
- up to 20 calendar days for a review of marking.
- up to 15 calendar days for a priority review of marking.
What happens next
We’ll email your school/college's exams officer when your review outcome is available on e-AQA. In the unlikely event that your outcome has a change of two grades or more, you can ask us for feedback by emailing email@example.com.