Information for exams officers on what to do about missing or incomplete results.
If you're a student, we can't give you your results directly or discuss individual results with you. Please talk to your school or college instead.
Symbols for missing results
There are two possible symbols you might see if you have any missing or incomplete results:
- No result (X) indicates a result is not being issued because the student was absent for all parts of the exam, or because of a decision not to issue a result for another reason.
- Pending (Q) indicates that no result has been issued as the marks for one or more components of the exam are not available.
Complete missing results form
If you receive any missing or incomplete results for one or more of your students, please complete our missing results form. You will need to copy and paste the table provided in the form into an email and fill it out – do not attach the word document to the email.
Once completed, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Processing query’. We will also need a copy of a seating plan and attendance list to process the query, so please attach these to your initial email, as it will help us to resolve your issue as quickly as we can.
We'll resolve the query and let you know the outcome. We'll also update results on Centre Services within 24 hours and tell UCAS if necessary.
We'll deal with results day enquiries as quickly as possible. We’ll prioritise issues where a university place depends on the outcome.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) problems
Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) numbers don't match
To correct a duplicate UCI number:
- make a back-up first
- change the UCI in the file so it matches the UCI on your system.
Unique Learner Number (ULN) is wrong
To fix a ULN error that occurs while you're importing the results file:
- write down the candidate details and ULN from the error message
- in your Management Information System, enter the ULN against the candidate details
- re-import the results file.