If you're an exams officer who needs to contact us about results, call 0800 197 7162 (+44 161 696 5995 from outside the UK), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students: we can't give you your results directly, or discuss individual results with you. Please talk to your school or college instead.
To solve the problem quickly, make sure you include:
- your centre number and name
- your phone number and address
- the qualification (eg A-level), subject, and component name and code
- candidate name and number
- what the problem is (result is missing, incomplete, or unexpectedly one of the symbols below)
- any seating plans or attendance lists you have that might help.
We'll look into it and let you know the outcome. We'll also update results on e-AQA within 24 hours, and tell UCAS if applicable.
We'll deal with results day enquiries as quickly as possible. We'll prioritise issues where a university place depends on the outcome, or where we're responsible for the problem. Please help us by contacting us as soon as you can.
Symbols for missing results
- No result (X) indicates a result is not being issued because the student was absent for all parts of the exam, or because of a decision not to issue a result for another reason.
- Pending (Q) indicates that no result has been issued as the marks for one or more components of the exam are not available.
- # indicates that the student was absent for part of the exam in the subject and awarded a zero mark for this part.
- + indicates that the student was exempt from part of the assessment.
Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) numbers don't match
To correct a duplicate UCI number:
- make a back-up first
- change the UCI in the file so it matches the UCI on your system.
Unique Learner Number (ULN) is wrong
To fix a ULN error that occurs while you're importing the results file:
- write down the candidate details and ULN from the error message
- in your Management Information System (MIS), enter the ULN against the candidate details
- re-import the results file.