Information for exams officers on what to do about missing or incomplete results.
If you're a student, we can't give you your results directly or discuss individual results with you. Please talk to your school or college instead.
Exams officers should contact us as soon as possible with enquiries about results. Phone 0800 197 7162 (+44 161 696 5995 from outside the UK) or email email@example.com.
To solve the problem quickly, make sure you include:
- your centre number and name
- your phone number and email address
- the qualification (eg, A-level), subject, and component name and code
- candidate name and number
- what the problem is (result is missing, incomplete, or unexpectedly one of the symbols in the section below)
- any seating plans or attendance lists you have that might help.
We'll look into it and let you know the outcome. We'll also update results on e-AQA within 24 hours, and tell UCAS if applicable.
We'll deal with results day enquiries as quickly as possible. We will prioritise issues where a university place depends on the outcome, or where we're responsible for the problem.
Symbols for missing results
- No result (X) indicates a result is not being issued because the candidate is not due to receive a result
- Pending (Q) indicates that no result has been issued as the grade is not yet available
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) problems
Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) numbers don't match
To correct a duplicate UCI number:
- make a back-up first
- change the UCI in the file so it matches the UCI on your system.
Unique Learner Number (ULN) is wrong
To fix a ULN error that occurs while you're importing the results file:
- write down the candidate details and ULN from the error message
- in your Management Information System, enter the ULN against the candidate details
- re-import the results file.